From: Sven Esbjerg [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]
Sent: Thursday, 14 October 2004 8:03 PM
To: [EMAIL PROTECTED]
Subject: [Unattended] patching windows

I frequently patch windows (when they publish updates) and I would like
a better way to do it. I cannot install a SUS server due to limited
ressources
- thus I would like to use unattended for this task.
However I'm in doubt about which strategi to choose.

I would like to achieve the following scenario:
The workstation user get's a notification saying that a reboot is in
order to update his/her computer.
When the machine is rebooted it automaticly downloads the patches from
the internal server in installs them.

The first problem I have is how do I tell the windows machine to to run
todo.pl --go after reboot?
How do run todo.pl as the administrator without letting anyone nearby
use tha machine as administrator? I would like the screen to be locked
or something. Could this be achived using the System account the same
way AD deploys office and such?

wr

Sven
--