From: Remi Woler [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]
Sent: 02 December 2004 14:29
To: [EMAIL PROTECTED]
Subject: [Unattended] PXE boot stops before searching DHCP during failed
install

Hello.

First of all I would like to thank the developer for his great work. It
saves us a lot of time, while performing lots of linux installs
(PXE+dhcpd+tftp+nfs) controlled by a web interface. Occasionaly there is
a windows install too (Windows 2003). While watching the monitor (it is
still in a testing setup) i noticed that somehow the PXE boot rom was
temporarily disabled during the install. I have no idea who is disabling
it, but it quits the boot rom right after loading, and before searching
for DHCP servers. I kinda ignored it, because it was of no use to boot
from lan, because it should continue the install, without getting into
an end-less loop.

But now this 'feature' caused serious trouble. Because the setup wasn't
finished, the boot rom has not been restored. The whole machhine just
won't boot of the network anymore. It loads the PXED boot rom, and quits
right there, and starts booting from the next device. I tried
disabling/re-enabling the bootrom in the BIOS, I even cleared the CMOS.
But that stupid boot rom keeps quitting, and the box won't boot from
network anymore.

I really hope someone of this list could help me out on this
brain-eating issue.

Kind Regards,

Remi Woler