Hi,

a remastered Knoppix is a great idea! But you still need another machine to
boot the unattended server.
A time ago I have posted a small shell script, that generates a new iso
image, which includes parts or the whole 'install' directory. So you could
install the whole system from one cd or dvd.
The script is not final yet, but you can see how it could work!
See:
http://www.mail-archive.com/unattended-devel@lists.sourceforge.net/msg00444.
html

--