This is wierd.  I was in fact replying to Bostjan Müller requesting info
about upgrade of existing installation (install point in fact - there
again, my mistake i thought he was asking about upgrading existing winxp
station).

Sorry for the confusion.

By the way Gergo, is those sudo things are runnable from the a script
without asking question to the users?  The SUDOWIN looks really great
and essential, but I doubt it will let me install stuff from the users
logon script.

Dany Chouinard

Dany CHOUINARD a écrit :
> I have the same problem.  If you don't mind, I'll want to expand the
> question.  I tried to put an update into user's logon script but, guess
> what, the user does not have the right to install the patch.
>
> Instead I'll be looking into wpkg.org wich will allow me to push patchs
> and other.
>
> But is there any other way to accomplish that?
>
> Is there a way in a script to escalate rights to perform previleges task?
>
> I tought to use the todo.pl with the autologon feature to perform update
> unstall but I expect to have complaint from users confused seeing the
> computer reboot itself twice upon a logon (once to log on with an
> previleges account, and once to log back).
>
> Thanks Group
>
> Dany Chouinard
>
> Bernhard Gmeiner a écrit :
>>> Hello all,
>>>
>>> how can i create a bootdisk for linuxboot.
>>> I try to use the buildlinuxbootcd.sh but it will not run.
>>>
>>> Is there another way to use an own kernel ?
>>>
>>> regards,
>>>
>>> Bernhard Gmeiner

>>> Using Tomcat but need to do more? Need to support web services, security?
>>> Get stuff done quickly with pre-integrated technology to make your job
>>> easier
>>> Download IBM WebSphere Application Server v.1.0.1 based on Apache Geronimo
>>> http://sel.as-us.falkag.net/sel?cmd=lnk&kid=120709&bid=263057&dat=121642

> --
> Dany CHOUINARD
> Technicien en informatique               -o)
> Commission scolaire de l'Or et des Bois   /\
> [EMAIL PROTECTED]                _\_v
>
> tél. 819.825.4220 ext. 3041
> skype. dchouinard
> courriel. [EMAIL PROTECTED]

> Ce document est signé numériquement par GnuPG
>     http://www.gnupg.org/fr/index.html
> Pour récupérer ma clef publique, consultez mon
> site internet : www.danychouinard.net/clef.asc
>
> Vous connaissez http://www.linuxabitibi.org ?

easier

- --