Tim Bates a écrit :
> I have just added a pile of drivers for some new laptops to the $OEM$\$1
> dir, but they aren't being picked up by the resulting Windows install.
>
> The existing ones had been working for our existing PCs, and I just
> dropped more new drivers in. They copy across fine and I can manually
> install them from where they end up. But it seems they aren't being
> loaded as drivers during setup (joining the domain fails due to no
> network card).

it seems to be the same problem as discussed before in early april..
look at the archives..
adding more drivers may lead to a "oemPnPDriversPath" string too long..
so some drivers path are not taken into account at install time
the max length for such a string is 4096 chars
http://support.microsoft.com/kb/312535
if your drivers are behind this limit they are not taken into account

we applied here the solution given by michael Kidd (thanks..)
it is not simple but it works (look in the archive its mail from april
12th...
which consists in modifying the "hivesft.inf" file, and giving the
driver path string as a register key...

Find a line that says this:
HKLM,"SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion","DevicePath",0x00020002,"%SystemRoot%\inf"

let's hope a well integrated solution in the unattended system?
ML