Hello everyone!

I have expanded the install.pl script to read [_meta] parted_cmds and
use them instead of converting fdisk commands (if they exist). This
allows for the creation of a 100mb service partition at the end of the
hard disk. (if i have to use the fdisk converter, it can only make a
1% partition at the end of a disk & 800mb seems wasteful)

It is my intention to install the linux boot disk into this partition
so that machines can be rebuilt simply by altering the MBR (using
mbrwiz.exe) to boot from the second partition and rebooting. In this
way i can script many machines to rebuild over the weekend (for e.g.).

I am having problems finding a way of formatting the drive
(hda2/sda2), and notice that the latest version of busybox includes
mkfs.minix, which would do the job nicely.

Is there any chance that one of you lovely people that have a working
boot disk source tree could update it to the latest version of
busybox, and compile for me?

I could of course do it with dd, but it'd be nice to make the image
'on the fly' so that any changes to the boot disk are reflected in the
files copied to workstations without further intervention.

I'd be happy to share the finished item, or if you can think of a
better way of achieving the goal, please let me know.

W.