Tomasz Chmielewski schrieb:
> Gergo Szakal schrieb:
>> Have you integrated any drivers?
>
> At first I didn't. Yes, I knew it won't work, at least when BIOS is in
> SATA mode, but I expected that at least the bootloader will load.
>
> So, right now, I integrated the SATA drivers, and used XP SP2 instead of
> Windows 2000 SP4. Still, after the very first reboot, all I see is a
> blinking cursor.
>

> Changing BIOS legacy/native (SATA/IDE) setting for hard disks doesn't
> help, either (I did an installation in normal mode, in legacy mode,
> still, after reboot, only a blinking cursor).
>

> The computer in question is HP dx2250 Microtower.
>
> "dmidecode" reports it has a MSI 0A7C mainboard, and BIOS version/date:
> MS7297 1.07 / 04/11/2007.

I got it working.
This is what I had to do.

I was running Unattended 4.7 snapshot, which had 2.6.17 kernel.

I guess changing SATA mode (legacy/native) didn't have any effect for
the Linux kernel - so I just "removed" all SCSI drivers:

  cd linuxaux/lib/modules/2.6.17/kernel/drivers
  mv scsi scsi.old

And it installed fine on /dev/hda (otherwise, it used SATA on /dev/sda),
or both modules were loaded, I get interrupts problems etc.

The second thing I had to do was to change mode from "auto" to "large"
for that HDD in BIOS (although I'm not sure it's really needed).

--
Tomasz Chmielewski
http://wpkg.org