Hello Bryan,

do you have a "clear" windows2003 install source?
Not altered with any drivers or patches?

Normally you get this message, when you tried to integrate a textmode driver
into an install source using e.g. nLite.
That does NOT work.

I've written an how-to to do that (e.g. Dell PERC SCSI Controller), because
tools like nlite doesnt work for TEXTMODE drivers:

You should have the following files:

aac.inf
aac.sys
aaccin.dll
aacevt.exe
aacmgt.inf
raiddisk1
txtsetup.oem

Copy the Files to the following Destination:

* Copy the files .cat, .inf and .sys to $XP_SHARE\i386\$oem$\TEXTMODE

* Copy the files .exe, .dll (and maybe others) to
$XP_SHARE\i386\$oem$\$$\OemDir

* Copy ALL files to $XP_SHARE\i386\$oem$\Drivers\SCSI

* Compress ALL .sys files using 'makecab' (e.g. makecab aac.sys in the
commandline under windows) and copy them to $XP_SHARE\i386

Modification of the 'TXTSETUP.SIF' in $XP_SHARE\i386 (for XP64 this files
can be found in AMD64!)

Search for the section [SourceDisksFiles] and add the following:

[SourceDisksFiles]

aac.sys = 100,,,,,,3_,4,1,,,1,4

This is necessary for ALL .sys files.

In this case we only got on .sys file.

For Windows2000 this entry looks like this:

[SourceDisksFiles]

aac.sys = 1,,,,,,3_,4,1

Search for the section [HardwareIdsDatabase] and add the following:

[HardwareIdsDatabase]

PCI\VEN_9005&DEV_0285&SUBSYS_02871028 = "aac"

These information can be found in the TXTSETUP.OEM shipped with driver.

Just open it with a normal editor like notepad.

Search for the section [SCSI.load] and add the following:

[SCSI.Load]

aac = aac.sys,4

You also need to add EVERY single .sys file here!

Last but not least add the following to the [SCSI] section:

[SCSI]

aac = "Dell PERC 320/DC SCSI RAID Controller"

You can just choose anything you want here as the description.

Save the file and give it a try.

Before you start have a closer look to the TXTSETUP.OEM file shipped with
the driver.
You've to be 100% sure what you're doing to the TXTSETUP.SIF file as you can
f*ck up your whole XP or 2003 source.
So you'd better make a backup of that file before fooling around with it :-)

I've added several drivers (Intel Matrix, Adaptec, Dell Perc, etc.) using
this method.
Hope it helps.

Sebastian