i have a hunch it (the looping of the winnt installer copying the files) has
something to do with the winnt itself trying to reboot the pc, which (in
this case) is the dosemu
the reasons i think it does this are

1. when looking at the screen there is a short moment were you see the
doit.bat commands flashing over the screen, up to the winnt.exe blablabla
2. when putting either a pause or a exitemu command after the
winnt.exestuff, these are ignored...

so the question is: can we stop the winnt installer from automatically
rebooting the system? if not, is there no switch to the dosemu.bin that
prohibits rebooting the emulator? If both are impossible, we could
a) switch to nt5x-install permanently, which should solve these problems
anyway since it doesnt call winnt but copies the files itself and installs
the correct mbr and other files to start the install process
b) customize ('hack') dosemu so a reboot of the emulator exits the emulator
process...

Michael

On Dec 14, 2007 1:27 PM, Nils Olav Fossum <
[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

> Fredag 14 desember 2007 12:44, skrev Frank Van Damme:
> > On Dec 12, 2007 8:31 AM, Nils Olav Fossum
> >
> > <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
> > > Hi, Im one of the other Nils :-)
> > >
> > > I dont know why its rejected, but this has worked for me.
> > > What happens if you delete the busybox-1.6.1 directory,
> > > do a "make download", and a "make" again?
> >
> > Make download?? Well hell.
>
> heh, I guess this is not where things go wrong for you :-)
> >
> > Anyway, I compiled my own cvs-based bootdisk, and set up an unattended
> > directory with everything coming freshly from cvs, it boots and works
> > sort-of, but when I start the Windows installation it keeps going over
> > the phase where it copies files to hard drive over and over and over.
> > Does anybody know how to stop it?
>
> No, this is a bit of a mystery.
> Several people has reported this, and Im not seeing it.
> And I have started from scratch with the 'z:' share once..
> There was an issue with this 'loop' when we updated to this dosemu
> version.
> see this thread:
>
> http://www.mail-archive.com/unattended-devel%40lists.sourceforge.net/msg00964.html
> - its problem c.
>
> Is the temporary file created in /c/netinst?

Michael De Groote
ICT-coordinator Sancta Maria Basisschool Leuven
ICT-coordinator Sint-Pietersschool Korbeek-Lo
ICT-coordinator Scholengemeenschap Katholieke Basisscholen Leuven
ICT-coordinator Parkschool Leuven