Matt Hyclak schrieb:
> On Sat, Feb 02, 2008 at 01:52:11PM +0100, Sascha Vogt enlightened us:
>
>> Juan Jose Pablos schrieb:

>>> for 4.7 is 2.6.23.11
>>>
>> Yes, but what is it?
>>
>> A SYSLINUX Kernel
>> An unattended Kernel based on syslinux
>> An unattended kernel
>>
>> (After PXE - Linuxboot, when the booted linux cant find a NIC and drops
>> to bash.)
>>
>> I'd just want to know into which sources I'd have to dig first to get
>> that thing going.
>>
>> Sorry, but you can see the knots in my brain...
>>

> It is the linux kernel that you have to change. Did you look into the
> mailing list archives as I suggested?
>
> SYSLINUX is merely a boot loader. It is used unmodified by unattended.
>
> The unattended "linuxboot" image is a linux kernel and some applications and
> scripts to start the installation. The software used is also largely
> unmodified.
>
> Find the post from the last couple of days from this list or maybe
> unattended-devel which listed step-by-step how to replace the e1000 drivers
> in the linuxboot image.
>
> Matt

Yep, found that one.

So I will (clean-)install a Debian Distro on a new box, get the Kernel-,
unattended- and syslinux-snapshots, do a testrun by compiling
erverything. If it works, I will apply the changes as suggested in
http://sourceforge.net/mailarchive/forum.php?thread_name=20080201132951.GA5579%40business.aau.dk&forum_name=unattended-info

and try that.

Anything wrong with that plan? I just dont trust SuSE 10.0 on my
day-to-day Workstation enough to try it there. It has to do it's job on
monday ;-).

Sascha