i think the problem here is not that there are no partitions being made, nor
that the usual NTLDR not found is coming up.

Could you specify where exactly your install depends on the existence of a
partition with driveletter D: ?

other questions:
1. are there any error messages coming up during the execution of the parted
commands that you specify above?
2. does it work when you manually partition the disk using the above parted
commands?
3. I'm not sure, but i can't remember the winnt installer formatting any
other partition other than the partition it is installting windows into.
Your format command (see OP) also does NOT include formatting the D:

Michael

On Fri, Mar 7, 2008 at 9:36 AM, Ziad O'Hanlon <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

> Thanks Thibaut for the Fast reply.
> I have 4 options in SATA operation in the bios.
>
> - Raid Autodetect / AHCI : Raid if signed drives, otherwise AHCI
> - Raid Autodetect / ATA : Raid if signed drives, otherwise ATA
> - Raid On = SATA is configured for Raid on every boot
> - Legacy = this mode provides for compatibility with some older operating
> systems that do not support native resources assigned to the drive
> controller.
>
> I've tried all...Same problem...
>
> Ziad O'Hanlon

Michael De Groote
ICT-coordinator Sancta Maria Basisschool Leuven
ICT-coordinator Sint-Pietersschool Korbeek-Lo
ICT-coordinator Scholengemeenschap Katholieke Basisscholen Leuven
ICT-coordinator Parkschool Leuven