Hi Jens,

On Wed, Apr 02, 2008 at 12:11:19AM +0200, Jens Geile wrote:

> Hi,
>
> I've got a little problem here and maybe someone can help me.
>
> I've got quite a few clients (couple hundred actually) (Windows XP)
> with a MSI K9VGM-V motherboard and a Realtek ALC883 soundchip onboard.
>
> My problem here is that I cannot get either unattended or WPKG to
> install the driver for this soundchip. Using unattended all the other
> drivers are installed successfully, only the soundcard just won't
> work. Using WPKG I tried the setup.exe with the /s parameter (the
> setup.iss file exists) as written in the readme that comes packaged
> with the rest of the driver but no luck. The odd thing is that it
> works perfectly fine when starting the setup.exe with /s as
> administrator when sitting in front of the machine. Installing as
> system user doesn't work and doesn't give any useable error message
> either. :/ I also already tried using the "runas" command but I need
> to specify the administrator's password in the command which is a
> no-go (as it is plaintext and might be different from machine to
> machine) .. no luck either.
>
> The driver is available here:
> http://www.realtek.com.tw/downloads/downloadsView.aspx?Langid=1&PNid=14&PFid=24&Level=4&Conn=3&DownTypeID=3&GetDown=false
>
> Anyone got this driver to work with either Unattended or WPKG? Help
> would be very much appreciated.

Just a few questions.

1) Do that driver requeire any windows update?
2) If you run "todo.pl driverexe /s" from a cmd prompt followed by
   "todo.pl --go", what happens then?

The reason for question 2 is that I have on several drivers/programs
discovered that they returned to todo.pl before the install was done,
there by rebooting to early.

Regards,

Nils

--
Nils �stbjerg
SAMF-IT, Faculty of Social Sciences, Aalborg University, Denmark