Torsdag 24 april 2008 15:58, skrev Regis Gras:
>    I have a lot of old WXP and I would like to re install them using
> the unattended method.
>
>    These PC have already a partitioning sheme, and I want to keep it on.
>    When install.pl asks " Choose partitioning sheme" I choosed the first
> option
> "Do nothing (continue)" , because I hoped it installs on the existing
> partition C
> without destroy the others partitions.
>
>     When nt5x-install start, it said:
> mounting to soon-to-be 'C' drive
> mount: mounting /dev/dsk1 on /C failed: invalid argument
>
> and the disk is completly destroyed ......

Its probably ntfs?
hm, mounting the disk partition should faill if it is ntfs..
if not it will be destroyed when injecting the ntldr boot code,

Moreover: if it is a ntfs-formatted partition this should be considered a bug.

nt5x-install needs a fat32 formatted partition.
Nothing else will work.

> Just one question.
> Is it possible to install WXP with unattended on a already existing
> partition C ?

Yep, if, and only if it is a fat32 partiotion