Tim Bates wrote:
> Never mind... I managed to find a copy of 4.8rc5, backed up my existing
> stuff and tried nt5x-install with the build posted a few weeks ago. It
> appears to be working with my test box, though it has an Intel Pro100
> not the 82566DM
>
> I will try this combo on one of our 82566DM based boxes later in the
> week... Fingers crossed ;-)
I now hate these stupid boxes...
The above mentioned combo worked fine for my dev box (an old P3) but
when I went and tried on one of the Lenovos, it gets all the way through
the nt5x-install part, but locks up after it reboots. No errors, just a
flashing cursor and a keyboard that no longer responds.

Would this be some kind of drive geometry issue? If so, how can I work
around it?

TB