Hi,

> > I just got a notice that the SP4 for Windows 2000 has gone missing on the
> > Microsoft Servers.
> >
> > /var/lib/iserv/ci/updates/win2k/deu/w2ksp4.exe: does not exist
> > --12:41:03--
> > http://download.microsoft.com/download/c/3/5/c35591e3-52b6-4be0-95d3-ec82fa01ce12/W2KSP4_DE.EXE
> >             => `/var/lib/iserv/ci/updates/win2k/deu/w2ksp4.exe.tmp'
> > Auflösen des Hostnamen »download.microsoft.com«.... 87.248.217.204,
> > 87.248.217.197
> > Verbindungsaufbau zu download.microsoft.com|87.248.217.204|:80... verbunden.
> > HTTP Anforderung gesendet, warte auf Antwort... 404 Not Found
> > 12:41:03 FEHLER 404: Not Found.
> >
> > All the download links for SP4 seem to be down and not even
> > http://www.microsoft.com/downloads/details.aspx?familyid=1001AAF1-749F-49F4-8010-297BD6CA33A0
> >  (linked from win2k-updates.bat) can be found anymore.
> > Anyone got an idea what's going on there and where the SP4 has been moved
> > to?
> Looks like only 4 languages are available.
By now
http://www.microsoft.com/downloads/details.aspx?familyid=1001AAF1-749F-49F4-8010-297BD6CA33A0
 appears to be back online but as Juan already wrote only 4 languages are
available: Chinese (Traditional, Taiwan), English, Portuguese (Brazil) and
Spanish.
As I only deploy German Windows 2000 and XP systems those servicepack version
are of course useless for me and the lack of the German servicepack is starting
to give me the first error reports from the on-site admins. :/

There must be some reason why Microsoft pulled those updates but I can't seem
to find any news regarding this.
Does anyone know anything or maybe even if Microsoft plans to even put the
remaining servicepack versions back online at some point?

-
jens