On Fri, 2009-08-07 at 01:34 +0200, Bernd Krautmann wrote:
> [...]
You could try using just plain syslinux first. Burn to Cd or start it up
in dosbox. The same configs should work for both syslinux and pxelinux.
this will allow you to better test the your configs. and perhaps narrow
it down to why its not working.....

> > Have you tried any live CD? Boot process is very similar, also using
> > memdisk (personally I have use RIP, but a Knoppix ar Debian is also good.
> >
> I tried fetnd.imz image copied on a DOS floppy...and it worked
>
> I have to use DOS because after the boot process I want to start
> partition-magic and ghost....thats the reason why I want to use DOS ... and
> f*** it worked already for more than one year...I am really confused
it worked for pxelinux netboot for more then one year?

are you trying to backup a system before you run unattended? I guess i'm
lost why you need partition-magic and ghost to format/reinstall windows
using unattended. Are you doing something interesting?

Anyways - I've found clonezilla and gparted to be much much better then
partition-magic and ghost. With ntfs-3g (giving you full read/write
access to ntfs) i'm not sure why you wouldn't want to use linux as a
good system rescue and tool solution.

--
Patrick Benton <pben...@commnetwireless.com>
Commnet Wireless