Reference:
http://unattended.sourceforge.net/installers.php

Upon reading the above mentioned page I noticed that your material regarding
AutoIt is very much out of date.   You mention that it is unreliable in this
portion.
"More worryingly, AutoIt scripts are theoretically unreliable because they
do not let you determine when a sub-process has exited. You can tell when
AutoIt itself exits, but that is not the same thing at all. For example, an
installer's last window might disappear while the installer was still
working. Your master script, waiting only for the AutoIt executable, would
then proceed, starting another installation or rebooting the machine.
AutoIt provides Run and RunWait primitives, but it does not provide a way to
wait for the termination of an application which was invoked by Run. If it
did, this race condition could be avoided."

I would like to point out that AutoIt has the ProcessWait and
processWaitClose functions as well.