Why not use the .sleep directive that's already in todo.pl?

---
The .sleep directive

If you ever have to use this directive, then you are doing something
wrong, because there is no such thing as a guaranteed time bound for any
Windows operation.

Unfortunately, some installers make it impossible to do things right.
For example, they might fork a subprocess and exit. In this case, the
most convenient thing might be to delay a while.

This directive simply takes an integer number of seconds as argument.
For example, to sleep 37 seconds, you would do:

     todo.pl ".sleep 37"
---
from http://unattended.sourceforge.net/apps.php#todo

John

Regis Gras wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I am using unattended to install packages after the initial installation.
>
> So, on an already installed PC, as admin, I mount the Z drive.
> With C:\netinst\mapzrun, I give a correct login/password and Z is
> connected.
>
> Now to install a new package, in a cmd windows:
> perl Z:\bin\todo.pl package-to-install.bat
> perl Z:\bin\todo.pl --go.
> This method works fine.
>
> For some installations, I need to use a sleep for a few seconds (15)
>
> In ....\install\bin, I wrote sleep15.pl
> # Wait 15 seconds
> use warnings;
> use strict;
> my $seconde=15;
> sleep($seconde);
> exit 0;
>
> And in ....\install\script, I wrote sleep15.bat
> :: sleep 15 seconds
> @Echo off
> perl Z:\bin\sleep15.pl
>
> To wait 15 second after the installation of package-to-install.bat, I do:
> perl Z:\bin\todo.pl sleep15.bat
> perl Z:\bin\todo.pl package-to-install.bat
> perl Z:\bin\todo.pl --go.
>
> This method doesn't work and I have a lot of troubles with sleep15.bat
> When sleep15.bat is started, it seems that perl is reinstalled (see
> img.jpg)
>
> Could someone tell me what is wrong and how to do to wait 15 seconds in a
> script.bat ?
>
> Sincerely,

> world's best and brightest in the field, creating opportunities for Conference
> attendees to learn about information security's most important issues through
> http://p.sf.net/sfu/rsaconf-dev2dev

John Moeller
jmoel...@ag.arizona.edu
The University of Arizona