On Tue, 5 Sep 2023 07:46:53 +0200 (CEST)
Hans Sandsdalen via Unbound-users <unbound-users@lists.nlnetlabs.nl> wrote:

> Hi
>
> Yesteday we lost connection to internet. I supposed that dns would be ok for
> our internal hosts. But unbound became very slow, sometimes did not respond
> at all. We use nsd and unbound.
>
> What can I do to prevent this in the future?
>
> /etc/unbound/unbound.conf.d/ contains tree files:
> KSPT.conf qname-minimisation.conf root-auto-trust-anchor-file.conf
>
> KSPT.conf:
>
> server:
> verbosity: 1
> interface: 0.0.0.0
> access-control: 192.168.0.0/16 allow
> access-control: 10.0.0.0/8 allow
> access-control: 127.0.0.0/8 allow
> port: 53
> do-ip4: yes
> do-ip6: no
> root-hints: "/etc/unbound/root.hints"
> cache-min-ttl: 300
> cache-max-ttl: 86400
> prefetch: yes
> num-threads: 1
> minimal-responses: yes
> prefetch: no
> do-not-query-localhost: no
> local-zone: "domain.no" nodefault
> local-zone: "168.192.in-addr.arpa" nodefault
> local-zone: "10.in-addr.arpa" nodefault
> domain-insecure: "domain.no"
> domain-insecure: "168.192.in-addr.arpa"
> domain-insecure: "10.in-addr.arpa"
> private-domain: "domain.no"
> stub-zone:
> name: "168.192.in-addr.arpa."
> stub-addr: 127.0.0.1@1053
> stub-zone:
> name: "10.in-addr.arpa."
> stub-addr: 127.0.0.1@1053
> stub-zone:
> name: "spacetec.no"
> stub-addr: 127.0.0.1@1053
>
> remote-control:
> control-enable: yes
>
> qname-minimisation.conf:
>
> server:
> # Send minimum amount of information to upstream servers to enhance
> # privacy. Only sends minimum required labels of the QNAME and sets
> # QTYPE to NS when possible.
>
> # See RFC 7816 "DNS Query Name Minimisation to Improve Privacy" for
> # details.
>
> qname-minimisation: yes
>
> root-auto-trust-anchor-file.conf:
>
> server:
> # The following line will configure unbound to perform cryptographic
> # DNSSEC validation using the root trust anchor.
> auto-trust-anchor-file: "/var/lib/unbound/root.key"
>
> ---
> HANS SANDSDALEN
> Manager IT Tromsø
> Space Ground Systems
> Kongsberg Defence & Aerospace AS
>
> +47 977 62 632
> [ mailto:h...@spacetec.no | h...@spacetec.no ]
> [ http://www.kongsberg.com/space | www.kongsberg.com/space ]
>

> CONFIDENTIALITY This e-mail and any attachment contain KONGSBERG information
> which may be proprietary, confidential or subject to export regulations, and
> is only meant or the intended recipient(s). Any disclosure, copying,
> [...]
Hi,

    infra-keep-probing: <yes or no>
              If  enabled  the  server keeps probing hosts that are down, in
the one probe at a time regime.  Default is no.
              Hosts that are down, eg. they did not respond during the one
probe at a time period, are marked as down
              and it may take infra-host-ttl time to get probed again.

This fixed it for me. Hope this helps.

Ciao,
Tito