Bev....What do you mean we don't know passive???? LOL... ;-) So true...the
arrow hits home! :-)
I sometimes wonder if you even need to worry so much about age appropriate...
if you just follow the needs of the child in front of you then you are age
appropriate.
Jennifer

Oh, yeah, we can tell.  There really are no closet early childhood folk.  They
don't know passive!

You know, THE TEACHER having the responsibility of adjusting the levels of
difficulty is another problem.  If she teaches in an open-ended enough fashion,
it is most definitely a joint process by the teacher AND the student to
"differentiate" -or what I would describe as being invited to participate in a
developmentally appropriate fashion.  Developmental appropriateness includes
both age-appropriate and individually-appropriate, so there's really plenty of
room there for shared responsibility.

Hmmm.  I'm thinking.