To Windows 2000 (and Windows NT circa SP4 as well), UTF-8 is another
multibyte encoding, which you can get to via "code page 65001" and
MultiByteToWideChar and get from via WideCharToMultiByte. So the only
difference between it and any other code page, be it iso-8859-1 or
windows-1252 is that happens to cover all languages. :-)

(Major understatement, obviously this makes it quite an important code page,
especially since products like IIS 5.0 and FrontPage 2000 only support
Unicode via UTF-8!)

There is no way to natively make all of the "W" functions in Windows accept
UTF-8, you would have to convert everything (if you do not, then the kernel
itself will have to convert what you pass to the "A" functions at some point
anyway). The "A" functions do not accept UTF-8 in most cases and usually
they ar assuming the default system code page, which can never be UTF-8 (it
is based off default system locale).

Michael