Doug's point is well taken. It's been the editorial committee's policy to
make sure that TR's can be accessed from a wide variety of browsers. If
limiting the range of formatting that is to be used in TR's makes a real
difference to people in the implementers community, then that is something
the Ed. Committee ought to look at in my opinion -- at least as long as
those features aren't strictly required to express the contents of the TR.

Some people working on real products may be prevented from updating their
machines during some stages of their project. I know I kept a real stable
setup during the
two years it took to publish Unicode 3.0 and was forced to use IE 3.21 for
the longest time.

A./