This reminds me of "Are DIGIT SEVEN and DIGIT SEVEN
WITH STROKE distinct characters?" Yeah, our decimal
number system has at least thirteen digits:
DIGIT ZERO
DIGIT ZERO WITH STROKE
DIGIT ONE
DIGIT TWO
DIGIT THREE
CLOSED DIGIT FOUR
OPEN DIGIT FOUR
DIGIT FIVE
DIGIT SIX
DIGIT SEVEN
DIGIT SEVEN WITH STROKE
DIGIT EIGHT
DIGIT NINE

--
Robert Lozyniak
Accusplit pedometer, purchased about 2000a07l01d19h45mZ,

---- "Alistair Vining" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
> [EMAIL PROTECTED] wrote:
> >
> > Notice to British and Irish Unicoders:
> >
> > U+00A3 (POUND SIGN) is a cursive "L" with *one*
> bar
> > through it (cmp. http://charts.unicode.org/Web/U0080.html).
> > U+20A4 (LIRA SIGN) is a cursive "L" with *two*
> bars
> > through it (cmp. http://charts.unicode.org/Web/U20A0.html).
> >
> > Please, watch out carefully your next tax form,
> and remember
> > who posted this.
>
> I assume you're joking here (the internet irony
> firewall is still up).  An L
> with two bars is an acceptable glyph for UK pounds
> as well.  They're both
> the same (libra) sign.  Or are you saying that
> an L with one bar would be
> (completely) unacceptable for (Italian) lire?
>
> Have people started writing the Euro with only
> one bar yet?  The issue is,
> after all, rapidly disappearing for the Irish and
> Italians.
>
> Al.

Get your own FREE Bolt Onebox - FREE voicemail, email, and
fax, all in one place - sign up at http://www.bolt.com