hi all,
I have done an assignment and have a doubt and want you to help me in
this regard.I have typed some characters in telugu in some language
editor and stored it as a html page.
I have NOT given any charset in the <meta tag> but the telugu  font  is
INSTALLED on my machine.I am able to see the characters in the browser.
vikram i want to know HOW  the character mapping takes place and what
software i.e opertaing system or browser takes care of displaying the
characters on the browser.

because when u give the charset the character mapping takes place
according to the charset, how it is working over here when no character
set is defined??????????

Devarakonda