Elain wrote:

 > Chinese and Japanese newspapers are still mostly written in a vertical,
 > frequently right-to-left, boustrophedon.

No, not exactly.  They don't go "as the ox plows", and it is entirely
improper to utilize the term "boustrophedon" to refer to them.  They are
written in columns, each of which is read top-down, from right to left.
Korean similarly, when vertical.  Mongolian, contrarily, is written in
columns that begin on the left.

 > I am not using the word 'boustrophedon' in its usual way

In what way are you using it?  It seems if not the usual way, then an
incorrect way, perhaps?  I don't understand what you're getting at...

        Rick