Hi All,
        I am facing a weird problem in entering Unicode characters in a
        text box / textarea in my browser. This is with MSIE 5.0 on a Mac OS
9 machine.

        Result:
                The characters are not properly encoded and end up with
        some other encoding in the Database ( Oracle 8i).
        And when the browser tries to display them back, they appear as
question marks "??".

        The IE 5.0 browser for Mac does NOT display valid Unicode characters
INSIDE a textbox.
        Is this a known bug? Has anyone faced this before?Please let me
know.

        My Configuration:
        1:      WebObjects 4.5 on a Mac OS X m/c
        2:      Oracle 8i DB.
        3:      MSIE 5.0 on Mac OS 9 browser.
        4:      I am using UTF-8 encoding.

        I am sure that this is a browser specific issue as everything is
fine with other browsers.

Note:    Where can I find browser specific issues as regards to the display
of Unicode chars?

thanks
Thejo