On Wed, 4 Apr 2001, Marco Cimarosti wrote:

>       U+20A3 (FRENCH FRANC SIGN), U+20A4 (LIRA SIGN), U+20A7 (PESETA
> SIGN), U+20AF (DRACHMA SIGN): will disappear next year with euro. Moreover,
> Franc and Lira are obsolete symbols ("FF" and "Lit" are now more common).

The drachma sign too; I lived in Greece from 1979 to 1983, and never saw
anything but delta chi rho, unligatured, for drachma. I've been wondering
for a fair while what it's doing there...

--
Momenton senpretende paseman mi retenis kaj  #  NICK NICHOLAS.
   kultis kvazaux                           #   TLG, UCI, USA.