> Is it sufficient to mandate that all such identifiers MUST be KC- or
> KD-normalized?  Does this guarantee print-and-enter round-trip
> compatibility?

It depends on the accuracy of both the printer or the reader. So I'd say no.
People won't necessarily mae the difference between a middle dot and some
bullets, for example. But do we always want every identifier to resist the
"napkin test"? Not necessarily. And IDN is an example where this was not
chosen, so internationalized e-mail addresses, as per today's IDN I.D.s,
won't have this guarantee. And remember that for most people or
organizations, the problem will be much simpler: they won't understand the
identifier, let alone make such fine distinctions. For example, even if you
print a high-resolution version of a Japanese e-mail address, chance is that
I won't be able to type it in anyway in any software (though I may be able
to recognize the glyphs and copy/paste them from a Japanese site. Ugh)...

YA