At 02:59 AM 4/20/2001 +0200, =?iso-8859-2?Q?Emil_Her=B9ak?= wrote:

>Well this is just a technical question, that I imagine that unicoder find a
>way of resolving. I am finishing a volume of a journal that I am editing,
>and one text has a summary in arabic - with Office2000 used on a Win98
>Pan-European platform I can enter the summary letter for letter, but where
>is the right-to-left space?

Your best approach, for this one small job, would probably be to find
someone who can enter the text for you on Windows 2000. You can then open
the saved document on Windows 98, and the Uniscribe Arabic shaping engine
(make sure you have the latest version of Internet Explorer) will ensure
that the document displays and prints correctly on your older system.
Although, with Uniscribe, it is possible to read and print Arabic documents
on the non-Arabic versions of Windows 98, you need either Windows 2000 or a
localised Windows 98 to properly enter Arabic text. If you plan to do any
more extensive work with Arabic text, I recommend upgrading to Windows 2000.

John Hudson

Tiro Typeworks     |     Girls who wonder ou est la bibliotheque
Vancouver, BC      |     make me go all googly.
www.tiro.com       |                               - Dean Allen, textism.com
[EMAIL PROTECTED]        |