Marcin,

The code is a bit out of date.  I have some routines that have been updated
for the new Unicode standard and some additional optimization that you can
use at: http://www.xnetinc.com/xiua/  This code is not as discrete as the
other but it should not be hard to isolate.  You can see that it is a
derivative of the Taligent code.

Carl