Hi,

I would like to know how the derived files that one can find in the UNIDATA
folder are generated? I am trying to have IBM's ICU library support older
versions of Unicode than the one it currently supports (3.0.something),
specifically Unicode 2.1.x.

ICU needs the following files:

UnicodeData.txt
SpecialCasing.txt
DerivedNormalizationProperties.txt
NormalizationTest.txt
UCARules.txt
FractionalUCA.txt
CaseFolding.txt
Mirror.txt

If I look in Public/2.1-Update4 I can find the first two files for Unicode
2.1.9.

A number of the other files either say they have been algorithmically
generated (e.g. DerivedNormalizationProperties.txt) or look like they have.
I am interested in knowing what tools have been used to generated these and
if I could get these tools and use them to generated the same files for
another version of Unicode. I am sure I could write some tools myself
(following the instructions in DerivedProperties.html for
DerivedNormalizationProperties.txt for example) but I am looking for a
quicker way to generate these.

Thanks for any help on this,
YA

PS: Also I hope that all the derived files will be stored in the non-UNIDATA
folders as Unicode is revised. They'll be helpful for people that need to
build a Unicode library for a very specific version of Unicode.
--
My opinions do not necessarily reflect my company's.
The opposite is also true..