        I do not believe we've seen any examples of words being sorted by
pronunciation here.  However, higher level structures do participate in
sorting, and we have seen examples of this.

> I bet you could disturb the peace by wanting to know how to
> sort the Japanese word for "Japan" in Japanese. Does it sort
> before or after the pok

        It sorts on "日”, of course!

        :-p

        There are several sort orders of Kanji within dictionaries.  In a
phrase dictionary, the sorting is traditional kana sorting - IIRC,
duplicated consonants sort last.  You are much overdue to buy a learner's
dictionary.  I recommend the Nelson.  Also, you should get a phrase
dictionary - one of the better kept secrets of Japanese study.

/|/|ike