In a message dated 2001-11-08 7:19:19 Pacific Standard Time,
[EMAIL PROTECTED] writes:

>  Any freely available info on ISO 9995, or do I have to pay through the
>  nose for the privilege of learning about it?

Very good question.  I searched the Web numerous times and finally found some
*draft* sections (not the entire standard) on a site run, maintained, or at
least populated with documents by, Alain LaBonté.  I don't know if I was
supposed to be forbidden from seeing/printing those documents, but Google led
me astray, or whether they were open.

I'll see if I can find that site again and send you the URL.

Of course, Peter is spot on.  Naturally we all understand that standards
organizations need to be funded, but all the same, it is ludicrous that in
order to conform properly to an international standard (which exists to
promote conformity), one must purchase it at an exorbitant price (USD 75 is
typical).  I don't have a solution, at least not today, but the world
desperately needs one.

Come to think of it, is there an ECMA equivalent to ISO 9995 (which would
thus be available for free or almost free)?

-Doug Ewell
 Fullerton, California