In a message dated 2002-01-27 18:51:35 Pacific Standard Time,
[EMAIL PROTECTED] writes:

> First, have we all servers?

No.  Assuming we all do is no better than assuming we all have broadband or
T1 connections.

> Second, if it is a small attachment, the number of bytes transmitted to GO
> there may well be greater than the number to send the bloody thing. How
> about an arbitrary attachment limit of 1535
>(Œê˜C‡‚킹F‚Ђ߂݂±)
bytes?

I just sent a 500-byte attachment to the Unicode list without any qualms.
Almost all messages are longer than 500 bytes, especially when you take
headers into account.  However, there is certainly such a thing as "too
long," and I have no idea where to draw the line and say "this attachment is
short enough, that one is too long."

-Doug Ewell
 Fullerton, California