From: Markus Scherer [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]]
Sent: Thursday, January 31, 2002 12:36 PM
To: unicode
Subject: Re: Unicode support in IBM AS -400

Anil Joshi wrote:

> The exact questions that I am looking for are
> a. Does AS-400 support Unicode if so what kind of support it is. I mean
can
> I have files names in local language. Say file names in Japanese.

As far as I know, OS/400 filenames have been 16-bit Unicode for a number of
years, and some other parts of the OS support Unicode as well.

> b. Does QShell support multilingual scripts I mean can I write a script
that
> can contain Japanese file names.

I don't know - I am not that familiar with OS/400...

Some releases of ICU have been ported to OS/400. ICU 2.0 is being ported
right now.
Please watch this space if you are interested:
http://oss.software.ibm.com/icu/download/

Best regards,
markus