ok. Let me ask again since my origional question is not good enough
Do font vendor set teh the ulCharRange bits in OS/2 range  ?
Does Application or OS depend on ulCharRange for what purpose?

Ken Lunde wrote:
Frank,

You wrote:

Ken:
Do you know any Adobe software depend on that?

I heard a rumer said that those bits are usually unset and keep as 0. But I found that some of the font are set ifI use ttfdump to look at them.

Our OpenType fonts include 'OS/2' tables, and we populate these fields with meaningful information. To what extent our applications actually make use of it, I don't know.

Regards...

-- Ken