>> [EMAIL PROTECTED] e'crivait :
>>

> Month names. Month names. Who needs month names, anyway? Do we name
> the hours of the day? Do we name the days *within* each month? Tell
> the Chinese, Japanese, and Koreans that THEY need month names.
>
> Also, it is my understanding that some European languages do not name
> the days of the week (except maybe Sunday or something).

Well, Portuguese, for one, does give numeral NAMES(*) to days of the
week. It is an exception among European languages, motivated by
religious reasons (getting rid of the old names based on pagan god
names). I believe Russian also gives numeral names to most week days
(but Eastern European languages are not my forte).

P. Andries

(*) E.g. Monday = segunda-feira.