[I am forwarding this on behalf of Dr. Meri. Please copy any replies to [EMAIL PROTECTED], as he is not a list member.]
=================================

Dear list members,

We have converted the encoding of our website to UTF-8 (
www.MiddleEastMedievalists.org) and plan to publish Unicode-encoded texts to the site soon.  We generally use FrontPage 2002 for site design because of its multilingual Unicode support.  As a pilot project, I would like to publish one of my forthcoming books, a study and translation of a medieval pilgrimage guide for the Near East, in XML format and as an e-book with extensive illustrations.  The text will contain extensive transliterated text but also include some original Arabic and Hebrew text.

I am an XML novice, but would like to undertake development myself coordinating with the European publisher who is publishing the hardback edition.  Do you have any practical tips you could offer me?  Would you recommend the use of Adobe InDesign 2.0 (Windows XP) for creating an e-book?

Thank you for your advice.

Best wishes,

Josef Meri

Dr. Josef W. Meri, D.Phil. (Wolfson)