On 03/08/2002 04:09:14 AM Stefan Persson wrote:

>The Standard contains several special mathematics characters, such as,
for
>example, A (italic "A"). But I thought of some letters that might not be
fully
>supported: Let's say that you find a formula like this in some Swedish
book:

>m<sub>fågel</sub> = 1 kg

Surely sub-scripted qualifiers of this sort -- which, being from a spoken
language rather than math, could contain any string using any script -- is
something to be handled by MathML and not character encoding.

- Peter

Peter Constable

7500 W. Camp Wisdom Rd., Dallas, TX 75236, USA
Tel: +1 972 708 7485
E-mail: <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>