Munzir Taha wrote:
> It's just a english square root symbol flipped horizontally.
> I think there should be one in the unicode, doesn't it?

In Unicode, there is no need for right-to-left versions of mathematical
symbols. The square root character U+221A is the same for English and
Arabic.

The trick is that this kind of characters (punctuation, operators, symbol)
have a property, called "mirrored", which causes them to be displayed with a
reversed glyph when in a right-to-left paragraph.

This is the theory: in order to make it really happen, you should have
support for "smart fonts" (such as OpenType), and the smart font you are
using should contain proper mirrored glyphs.

Unfortunately, I don't know a single font being able to do this.

_ Marco