The text says: except for private agreement.
So if con-senting a-d-u-l-t-s want to exchange interlinear annotated
text, that is fine.
(I hyphenated the words because some of my previous emails were rejected
by Doug's filters..)

tex

Doug Ewell wrote:

> Tex Texin <tex at i18nguy dot com> wrote:
>
> > http://www.unicode.org/unicode/uni2book/ch13.pdf
> >
> > As I read that material, I take it to be saying that senders should
> > remove the I.A. characters.
>
> What if I *want* to design an annotation-aware rendering mechanism?
> Suppose I read Section 13.6 and decide that, instead of just throwing
> the annotation characters away, I should attempt to display them
> directly above (and smaller than) the "normal" text, the way furigana
> are displayed above kanji.
>
> This would work not only for typical Japanese ruby, but also for
> Michael's English-or-Swedish-over-Bliss scenario.  It might even be
> useful in assisting beleaguered Azerbaijanis, for example, by annotating
> Latin-script text with its Cyrillic equivalent.  (Just a thought.)
>
> Would this be conformant?
>
> -Doug Ewell
>  Fullerton, California

Tex Texin   cell: +1 781 789 1898   mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]

XenCraft                            http://www.XenCraft.com
Making e-Business Work Around the World