Kenneth Whistler scripsit:

> Things will be better-behaved when applications finally get past the
> related but worse problem of screwing up the character encodings --
> which results in the more typical misdisplay: lots of recognizable
> glyphs, but randomly arranged into nonsensical junk. (Ah, yes, that
> must be another piece of Korean spam mail in my mail tray.)

In the old days, experts could detect mismatched serial-line
connections based on the nature of the baud barf that the remote
system emitted.

Nowadays, experts can detect mismatched character sets from the
nature of the byte barf that appears on their screen.

--
John Cowan                                   [EMAIL PROTECTED]
        "You need a change: try Canada"  "You need a change: try China"