David

I don't think anyone replied to this.  As far as I know, these are the only
applications for Mac OS 9 that can use Windows TrueType fonts:

1)  WorldText, an editor produced by Apple that requires OS 9.1 or later.

2)  SUE (Simple Unicode Editor)
http://members.tripod.com/%7Etomaszek/sue.html

3)  Pepper, a text editor that runs under both Mac OS 9 and Mac OS X 10
http://www.hekkelman.com/pepper.html

4)  MLTE Demo, a text editor for OS 9
ttp://www.merzwaren.com/snippets/index.html#mltedemo

5) Possibly jEdit, a Java text editor for programmers, but I cannot get Java
to work on my OS 9.2.2
http://www.jedit.org

6)  Possibly Simredo, a Java text editor, but I cannot get Java to work
http://www4.vc-net.ne.jp/~klivo/sim/simeng.htm

Alan Wood
http://www.alanwood.net (Unicode, special characters, pesticide names)