> The problem with SC22 is that Unicode/L2 has infiltrated it, and tries to
> sabotage the cooperation between ISO and IETF, by not having any

"infiltrated"? I respectfully disagree with Doug on this. Certainly SC22 has
not been "infiltrated". There are some people from on a particular working
group, WG20, that are in support of Unicode, but others who are not.

But completely independent of Unicode, the vast majority of the "standards"
that were being proposed *to* the WG20 (such as the internationalization
API, or 14652) were -- how can I put this most charitably -- of extremely
low quality. Look at the negative comments in

http://std.dkuug.dk/JTC1/SC22/WG20/docs/n857-n3261.pdf

for example. The only reason, I believe, that it passed -- even as a TR (not
a standard), even with huge sections marked as controversial -- was that a
number of countries tend to simply vote without reading the text.

The one exception is ISO 14651. With a lot of hard work by people on the
committee, both those in support of Unicode and those not, the collation
standard has turned out well.

Mark
http://www.macchiato.com
►  “Eppur si muove” ◄