David Starner wrote:
First, is it compliant with Unicode for an Antiqua font to use an s
glyph for ſ (U+017F)? It makes switching between Antiqua and Fraktur
fonts possible, and it is arguably the glyph given to the middle s in
modern Antiqua fonts.
Likewise, ä is printed as a with e above in old texts.* Would it be
acceptable to make a font with a a^e glyph for ä? It's not even changing
the meaning of the character in any way.
In my opinion, this is all reasonable and should be allowed.
Viel Erfolg!

As a third case, I looked briefly at information and advocacy of the
duodecimal system. Chi and epsilon have been used as glyphs for 10 and  ...
I assume that the answer will be that these things are just alternate uses of existing characters.

markus

--
Opinions expressed here may not reflect my company's positions unless otherwise noted.