At 11:55 -0500 2002-11-12, Dean Snyder wrote:
At 4:49 PM John H. Jenkins wrote:

Cupertino 11/8/02: Today the Apple Font Group released its new suite of
Unix command line font tools for OSX.

These can be downloaded free from http://developer.apple.com/fonts/.
The actual download URL is:

<http://developer.apple.com/fonts/FontToolsv1.0.dmg>

But I can't get it to download with any browser I've tried (IE, Opera,
Mozilla) - they all display the binary disk image as garbled text instead
of downloading it to disk. (I've fiddled with download helper preferences
for .dmg files but that hasn't helped. Is the ".0.dmg" file name
termination confusing the browsers?)
I had to hold down the control key and download to disk manually. Clicking on it tried to open it as a text document.
--
Michael Everson * * Everson Typography * * http://www.evertype.com