On Friday, November 29, 2002, at 05:23 AM, Theodore H. Smith wrote:

What is wrong? Is it something to do with font fallbacks? I am not touching font fallbacks at all. All I did was set the FontID for my ATSUStyle object, to that for Monaco plain.

I'm a bit stuck here, can someone help? I thought ATSUI is meant to fill in the missing fonts, automatically??? So why isn't it?

ATSUI *can* fill in the missing fonts automatically, but you have to tell it to. You call ATSUSetTransientFontMatching() for your layout object.