On Thu, 19 Dec 2002 04:58:08 -0800 (PST), Marco Cimarosti wrote:

> I have tried to follow the discussion about the errors in field "kMandarin"
> of file "Unihan.txt" but, after a while, I lost my way with all those
> dictionary references...
>
> Could someone kindly make a short summary of the situation? Here are my
> biggest ???'s:

Here's my take on the situation :

> - Are the errors really there?

Yes.

> - Any estimate as to how many entries are affected?

I estimate about 10% of basic CJK, in other words 2,000+

> - Is it only kMandarin affected or also any other fields?

I don't think any other fields are affected.

> - Any estimates for when it will be possible publish a fixed version?

I'll let Mr. Jenkins answer that one.

> - Any suggestion for interim work-arounds (e.g., an older version of the
> file, an alternative source)?

Use the Unihan database for Unicode 3.0 at
http://www.unicode.org/Public/3.0-Update/Unihan-3.txt

This is the latest uncorrupted version.

Hope this clarifies the situation.

Andrew