At 23:23 -0800 2002-12-18, Doug Ewell wrote:
I just noticed, in the WG2 character charts for Amendment 2 of Part 1,
that U+1D25 is called LATIN LETTER AIN but U+1D5C is MODIFIER LETTER
SMALL AIN.  Where did the word SMALL come from?
Oh, I probably pasted it in when making the names list.

All the other modifier letters are called CAPITAL or SMALL (or both) to denote the case of the underlying letter, not to point out that a modifier letter is smaller than a normal letter.
True.

If U+1D25 is to be LATIN LETTER AIN -- not CAPITAL or SMALL -- then a
more consistent name for U+1D5C would be MODIFIER LETTER AIN.
You should have made that comment through your L2 before the last ballot closed. It is too late to change this. Sorry.
--
Michael Everson * * Everson Typography * * http://www.evertype.com