Dear Subscribers,

The Web Services Task Force of the W3C Internationalization Working Group is pleased
to announce the publication of the first "Web Services Internationalization Usage
Scenarios" Working Draft at http://www.w3.org/TR/2002/WD-ws-i18n-scenarios-20021220/.

The goal of this document is to gather scenarios for using Web services in ways that
require attention to internationalization.

This information will be the basis for:

   o creating "best practices" and tutorial information for Web service implementers
and technology providers

   o proposing standards for Web services and related technologies to support
international operation

   o demonstrating international issues in existing Web services technologies and
standards to the groups responsible for their development and maintenance

We invite you to contribute additional Usage Scenarios that document aspects of Web
Services internationalization that are not yet covered by this document or that extend
the examples given. To contribute, please use a format similar to the one used in this
document, and send your contribution to the publicly archived mailing list:
mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]. Please use "[Web Services]" or "[WSUS]" in the
subject.

Please do not send proprietary material or information.

We also invite you to join this Task Force. Members of the Task Force will have the
opportunity to influence the internationalization of Web services standards as they
evolve. You may also wish to join our public mailing list (public-i18n-ws @ w3.org).
Instructions on joining the Task Force and mailing list are located on our home page,
located here: http://www.w3.org/International/ws.

Best Regards,

Addison

Addison P. Phillips
Director, Globalization Architecture
webMethods, Inc.

+1 408.962.5487 (phone)  +1 408.210.3569 (mobile)
It is not a feature.

Chair, W3C-I18N-WG Web Services Task Force
To participate see http://www.w3.org/International/ws